I just woke up from this really weird dream where I was talking to my mom and she knew she was dead but she wasn’t exactly a ghost in this context, more like she was taking me through the short span of time when she and my dad were still alive. It was pretty fun, because I felt like I was watching a documentary on us, or more specifically on my parents, and even more specifically on parents who just really tried so hard and did everything they could for this one little daughter while trying to repair the damages caused by the choices they have made before they had the daughter they thought would never come. The struggle of holding on for as long as they possibly can although they already knew how the story would end. There was a part where my dad kept on apologizing to my mom and I, going “I’m really sorry, I know that my choices are what ruined our life.” And my mom, that face, that smile that looks a lot like mine, accepts and forgives without a word.
Anonymous said: Do you like Orange is the New Black too?
Yes, very much so. :)
— The Winter of the Air (via h-o-r-n-g-r-y)
— (via kevinidentity)
- is the first boy you fell in love with
- is the first girl you fell in love with
- is the perfect first date
- is the perfect second date
- is the skip your heart made when you were 16 and he was making a beeline for you because he was actually gonna say something to you
- is the breath you didn’t take when you were 20, in your first serious it’s-complicated-relationship, and accidentally found out about her and him
- is the beer bottle, the wine bottle, the whiskey bottle, the perhaps-cartons of cigarettes you shared with anyone who would listen
- is that span of time it took you to finally take time
- is your body, half-dancing-half-flailing-about when you’re alone
- is your body, half-dancing-half-flailing-about when you’re alone in a room crowded with epileptic lights and other bodies, warm and flashing
- is the light weight on your eyelids when you’re driving home just as the moon is getting out of your way
- is the spring in your step
- is the sway of your hips
- is someone else’s perfect lover you’ve heard of from the friend of a friend and makes you wonder why you don’t have one of those
- is the affair you’ve always fantasized of having
- is the affair you are having
- is the affair you are not having
- is the list you make when you’re trying to make sense of things
- is the list of things that make sense. Perfect, absolute, peacefully-chaotic sense.